Monday, April 18, 2011

How Do You Know He Loves You?


Enchanted is definitely one of my favorite "feel-good" movies thus this song if often stuck in my head. In fact I have been thinking a lot about this very thing over the last few weeks.

My mom and I were talking recently about the need women have for their husbands to show and tell their wives constantly how much they love him.

My prince has yet to fail me. If anything I'm pretty sure his love for me has grown regardless of the difficulties we face.

How do I know?

1.) He hasn't left me or even thought of it despite the fact that I often feel like the crazy lady.
2.) The other night he offered to start looking right now for jobs in a different city where I
would be able to find a job in my field as well. (No this isn't an announcement)
3.) He will bring flowers home when I'm feeling a little bit down.
4.) He doesn't chastise me when I don't get as much done as I could/should.
5.) He finds ways to distract me from my current ailments such as puzzles and games.
6.) He takes care of the chores and meals when I can't and usually does so without much
complaint.
7.) He's pretty good about not solving my problems but rather being supportive and trying to be
understanding.
8.) He is constantly trying to build me up.
9.) My dreams and aspirations are just as important as his.
10.) He tells me ALL the time.

Oh and did I forget to mention that even after a week of doing little more than showering and putting on the pair of pajamas he still tells me I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen? That's right, absolutely no make-up, sometimes even the hair was lucky to get combed, no keeping up with the eyebrows, nothing. Best of all, I'm pretty sure he actually meant it regardless of how I felt about myself.

This list could go on and on. I have just felt his love these last few weeks when I needed it most and know that I am truly blessed to have someone like him in my life. It's how I am able to move on.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a wonderful man!!! The Lord sure knew what He was doing when He created him for just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I agree wholeheartedly. Sometimes I get so caught up in life that I forget to see what a great guy I have too. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete